frame

Word up!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flip The Tune 01 - Fender Rhodes

edited August 12 in Crumplbangers

Flip The Tune is an idea copied from Andrew Huang's youtube channel, where a few producers take a sample and make a song with it, making that sample the focal point of the song.

How To: Each producer can use all the loops they want to create the song and will have until the end of each month to do it or at least to show something based on it.
Everything from dubious software to official DAWs can be used, you can even steal samples from other songs, just not the whole thing, this is not mashup making, it's remixing and original creations only.

Duration: Work towards a track with at least 1m30s and don't worry about it being too long, can't put chackles on creativity!
Just no need to add a huge beat intro/ending (see examples for more info), we're not looking for extended mixes.

Posting of the songs: Everything works here, sowndhaus, soundcloud, clyp.it, youtube, you name it, as long as one can listen to it.
Choose your song name and tag #flipthetune so we start to get noticed for that tag.

More info on the subject and examples from Andrew Huang in the discussion post (which probably be active every month to decide the next sample to be "flipped")
Here - https://board.crumplebangers.com/discussion/49/flip-remix-remake-re-something-original-the-tune#latest

No entry fee which leads to no prizes awarded :lol: but we'll make good feedback on the production, track composition, sound quality and sound engineering.
ETA: Sunday 24-Aug 23:59
OK so, who's in? Please give feedback if you're going to do something for the project.

Let's start with this cute fender rhodes piano sample:

Comments

  • edited August 16

    Hey guys! My track is done!
    Style: Deep House
    Ways the sample is used:

    • solo with lots of delay
    • chords
    • delay and cut chords for added rhythm
    • bass

    Also added some chopped vocals, did my own beat and added some simple rhythmic loops for body.

  • mine is almost done.

  • @oki said:
    mine is almost done.

    great! too bad no more feedback from other people too... lets see when this is released.

  • okioki
    edited August 21

    here it is.

    i used two bits, one main, one as a break. didnt do anything special with them, though, just repeated a small portion, and some overdrive on the bass range.
    and the rest, i made with vsti's.
    its a bit of a trippy tune i guess.

    https://sowndhaus.audio/track/13712/tune-flip-one

  • one person on crumplbangers facebook reacted, but his comment is gone now?

  • @oki said:
    one person on crumplbangers facebook reacted, but his comment is gone now?

    I only see your 3 comments and my answer...

    @oki said:
    here it is.

    i used two bits, one main, one as a break. didnt do anything special with them, though, just repeated a small portion, and some overdrive on the bass range.
    and the rest, i made with vsti's.
    its a bit of a trippy tune i guess.

    https://sowndhaus.audio/track/13712/tune-flip-one

    >
    wicked! this is soooooooooooo trippy :astonished:
    I love it!
    I may end up making another version of it ;)

  • @Rudec said:

    @oki said:
    one person on crumplbangers facebook reacted, but his comment is gone now?

    I only see your 3 comments and my answer...

    @oki said:
    here it is.

    i used two bits, one main, one as a break. didnt do anything special with them, though, just repeated a small portion, and some overdrive on the bass range.
    and the rest, i made with vsti's.
    its a bit of a trippy tune i guess.

    https://sowndhaus.audio/track/13712/tune-flip-one

    >
    wicked! this is soooooooooooo trippy :astonished:
    I love it!
    I may end up making another version of it ;)

    thanks! was fun.

    had a listen to yours. love it! nice house vibe.
    you did waaay more with the sample then me... maybe next time ill try using the sample stuff exclusive, if possible.

Sign In or Register to comment.

CrumplBoard

Like sitting between two stages at a shit festival
@ 2019 Crumpl & Banger Associates