frame

Word up!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

72 cover art

I've been trying to make the mosaic cover but I'm going round in circles trying to dial in the right settings.

This one is the best I've done but I don't think it shows all the covers, just the really black ones, really white ones and really blues ones.
Also it's huge, by the time we shrink it to normal size artwork we'll lose the detail and zoom-inableness.

Comments

• This one has a smaller tile resolution and uses more covers but the larger detail gets blurry.

• pompom
    edited July 9

This one uses most of the covers but only once. (210 tiles so some covers missing).

• This was an accident but I quite like it.
    All the covers, only once, at a higher tile resolution.

• Here's all the covers (numbered in order) if anyone wants a crack at it.

I've been using AndreaMosaic but here's a few others.

• the second one is more clear. maybe its about finding the balance, so you can still make out the individual covers, and getting a good pic altogether?

but i also kinda like that mistake one.

• Yeah, the "mistake" rules.
    I can't even load the first one.

• You seem to have sourced most of mine yourself. But here are my complete covers anyways... avec Andy May. OOOSH!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gyxF0cMMee7EYCsAlGI24FKSK1ns5-kR

• @Kylgore said:
    But here are my complete covers anyways... avec Andy May. OOOSH!

I did sneak Andy May in there somewhere.

• I've tried this mosaic thing for hours and can't get it any better.

The problem is getting the "rebooted" bit sharper. We could drop the "rebooted" so it's just 72 but it would be too close to the first 72 cover. Or we could completely change the main image for something else.

But all this is just delaying the official release.
    Shall we just release it with the draft cover we've been using? It's simple but a strong look.

• @pom said:
    I've tried this mosaic thing for hours and can't get it any better.

The problem is getting the "rebooted" bit sharper. We could drop the "rebooted" so it's just 72 but it would be too close to the first 72 cover. Or we could completely change the main image for something else.

But all this is just delaying the official release.
    Shall we just release it with the draft cover we've been using? It's simple but a strong look.

lets do it

• My covers are super late, sorry.