frame

Word up!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*** OFFICIAL 72 MIX THREAD ***

pompom
edited June 28 in 72

72 is a pass-the-parcel mashup mix concept.
We take it in turns to add a new section to the mix and pass it on to someone else.
When your turn arrives you have 72 hours to add to the mix.
We loop through the list of bootleggers until we have a 72 minute mix.

"it's like a back to back DJ set and you make it crumpl and the whole thing is 72 minutes long" - Felix Five

The mix so far

https://crumplebangers.com/72Rebooted/

The list
Check here often
When your name is at the top your 72 hour deadline begins.
When you're finished your name drops to the bottom of the list.

On now:
Colatron --72 hour deadline: 7pm (GMT), Monday 1st

Next:
Thomas L Jackson

<<<Newcomers go here <<<

pom
Eddie Pedalo
oki
Rudec
ToToM
garagara
jpr
Scott Cairo
Lee Spoons
DJUseo
MsMiep
Justincredible
IanFondue
cmcpress
Pimpdaddysupreme
MrFive
ETK
DJHazard
Hawkins
not_i
groboclone
numnumnum

Fettdog

Your mix:
Just mashup some stuff. Bangers and stupid stuff are encouraged.
We want new content, don't just paste in an old mashup.
Listen to the previous 72 mixes for an idea of what to expect.... https://crumplebangers.com/72/
Making your part in advance is considered cheating.
It's fine to recycle old abandoned ideas (the "Trashed Maybes") but listen to the rest of the mix first, then see what you can come up with in 72 hours.

Time limit (Important)
Your section must be under 3 minutes and 30 seconds long (not including a trailing part for the next person to mix into).
This ensures enough time for everyone to get on the mix. Plus, short and sweet keeps the energy moving.

Technicals:
Export your part mixed into the previous part.
Leave an outro for the next person to mix into. e.g., solo the drums.
Wav or flac or aiff preferred.

Mastering:
This is a can of worms.
Read this... https://board.crumplebangers.com/discussion/48/72-submission-guidelines/

Any questions about anything, just ask.
I'll edit this post as we go with all the main info. Get it bookmarked.

Let's have at it!

Comments

• I'm a man of my word. Put me down sighs.

• @Kylgore said:
    I'm a man of my word. Put me down sighs.

Excellent. Do you still not want the intro honours?

• im in!

• I want in but it has to be during a weekend.
  • @ToToM said:
    I want in but it has to be during a weekend.

The thing with it is you'll have to keep an eye on the list and see when your turn is coming.
    If you can't manage it falls to the next person.

I've put you in the list but your 72 hours would be a wed/thurs/fri.
    You could swap with the person after you, so you'd have sat/sun/mon instead.

• I'm in if you want me
  • > @pom said:
    > @ToToM said:
    > I want in but it has to be during a weekend.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The thing with it is you'll have to keep an eye on the list and see when your turn is coming.
    > If you can't manage it falls to the next person.
    >
    > I've put you in the list but your 72 hours would be a wed/thurs/fri.
    > You could swap with the person after you, so you'd have sat/sun/mon instead.

If rudec is ok, I'd like to switch indeed.
  • @ToToM said:

Done.

Keep an eye on the list tho 'cos it might change, if someone drops out you will be moved forward.

• jprjpr
    edited April 17
    Hiya am up for it if I have the time, haven’t really done anything mashup wise since 72 but will be good to be involved once more 😊 (jamiepr74)
  • @jpr said:
    Hiya am up for it if I have the time, haven’t really done anything mashup wise since 72 but will be good to be involved once more 😊 (jamiepr74)

Welcome back J. Good to see the orignal crew turning up again for more shenanigans.

• I'm adding your board usernames to the list. If you want your producer name up there instead let me know.

• > @pom said:
    > I'm adding your board usernames to the list. If you want your producer name up there instead let me know.

No, JPR is good
  • are you serious? in.

• Go on then cracks knuckles

• Count me in! Thanks for the invite!
  • @ToToM said:

No problemo dude

• In if you'll have me. @garagara shame it's likely all over while you're here! Just imagine the carnage....

• @MsMiep said:
    In if you'll have me. @garagara shame it's likely all over while you're here! Just imagine the carnage....

This will probably take months to finish. The first one took exactly 72 days, just by coincidence rather than design.

• Just a reminder too, making your part in advance is considered cheating.
    We won't know if you don't tell us, but you will know, and it will haunt you to your grave.

It's fine to use an old abandoned idea or the "Trashed Maybes" but listen to the rest if the mix first, then see what you can come up with in 72 hours.
    If you haven't had the 72 hour deadline sweats you haven't lived.

• edited April 18

@MsMiep said:

In if you'll have me. @garagara shame it's likely all over while you're here! Just imagine the carnage....

it will never be over.

• im exited.

• i have about 3 acapellas from after 2010 so i may have a bit of an original 72 feel to my bit cos i'll be using the same tunes!

• Add me in but weekends would work best for me as I work nights during the week.
  • pompom
    edited April 19

@Justincredible said:
    Add me in but weekends would work best for me as I work nights during the week.

Again, that's not how it works. When it's your turn you've got 72 hours from then, if you can't manage you go to the back of the queue.
    It's all about keeping it moving so we're not waiting on anyone.

I'll add you to the list and we can shuffle you about if needs be but we need plenty warning.
    Just keep an eye on the list and estimate when your turn will be, count 3 days for each name above you. It won't be exact tho so keep checking the list.

Edit: Looks like your turn would fall on a Sat/Sun/Mon.
    That's if it runs to schedule, it's prone to unforseen changes.

• Add me in if still some room

• In theory there should be space for 24 parts if everybody sticks to the 3 minute guide (they won't).
    Still room for a good few more.

• I'm in...

• Am looking forward to this more than the first time, am not going to worry too much about how my effort turns out! It's just a bit of fun eh?? ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Ok, let’s make this happen. Pimpdaddysupreme reporting for 💩.

I’m in.